This place is a shrine of amazing books. As an studying architect, this place is definitely a heaven of great books. Just a quick walk in this book store will inspire you. The shelves of books will leave you in awe.
It's a pretty small space that's consist of two floors. They place their newer books upstairs at the ground floor. The basement has a more variety of design books. Their main focus is architecture (score for me) and their collection is mind blowing.
I typically just walk in, find a book and sit on the floor for hours just to scan through as many as I could. I also purchase a few books here and there, you can definitely get the same book with a cheaper price on Amazon (or other book websites), but we need to help our local bookstores! Besides, William Stout might have books that you typically can't find anywhere else.
The staff is nice. I really don't know what more you can ask for if you're looking for a great architectural book. (Also found in William Stout: Interior Design, Photography, Illustration, Typology, Graphics) What the hell, go on their website!!
804 Montgomery St
(between Gold St & Jackson St)
San Francisco, CA 94133
Neighborhood: Financial District
(415) 391-6757
No comments:
Post a Comment